Self-published authors sometimes wonder if a book launch is worth the effort and expense. Let’s take a quick look at this long-held tradition and see if it stands up to modern times.
- Celebrate your huge accomplishment of writing and publishing your book
- Receive support from friends and colleagues who love your work
- Build excitement and buzz around the book
- Encourage readers to buy a copy
- Online events are not so popular right now.
- In-person events are quite complex and expensive to organise.
So, there are not many cons, and I’d even challenge the one about online events. I know we are a bit over Zoom, but a short (35-minute), upbeat online launch can be exhilarating and allow you to get interstate and international guests.
I used to be a bit ho-hum about book launches, but I reckon they stack up as one of the many steps you can take to build interest in your book.