If you have written a book, I want to congratulate you. That is a HUGE accomplishment. But of course, the very next question you are asking yourself is “How do I share my book with the world?”
It doesn’t matter whether you have self-published or published in the traditional way, every book needs a marketing strategy to reach the right audience.
As the founder of Brain to Book in 90 Days, I offer ALL my clients a complete system to use LinkedIn as a business building tool so they can leverage their books to grow their revenue and fees.
Like my Brain to Book program, LinkedIn for Authors is a simple system. Here are five reasons why it works:
- It is not about spam. It is about creating personalised messages (efficiently) that you direct carefully to people who will find them most valuable. Respectful.
- It uses ALL six principles in Robert Cialdini’s brilliant book, “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”. But it is very much about his first principle – reciprocation. Good old give and take. You use your book in various ways as a gift to create a relationship of trust and then invite people to do business with you.
- This system automates what can be automated (without breaking any LinkedIn terms) so you are free to concentrate on personalising the messages that matter.
- It costs almost nothing to execute this LinkedIn for Authors strategy.
- You can delegate many of the tasks in the process, so you only spend your time on the highest value interactions.
I have used this system over the years to build over $600,000 in sales. For example, I met my client, Mike Adams, on LinkedIn after he read one of my posts. Mike went on to write and self-publish his book, “The seven stories every salesperson must tell” using my program.
Here’s what Mike says about the outcome of that social media exchange: “Using Kath Walters’ unique approach, my book became an Amazon #1 best seller in its category in the UK, US and Australia. I’ve appeared on 50-plus podcasts and built a growing clientele of Fortune 100 companies.”