Tip #6 from my series, 10 Fabulous Reasons to Self-Publish Your Book
Hands up if you have been in the following cycle: do some marketing, get busy, stop marketing, sales slump. Market, busy, stop, slump.
Meanwhile, costs are constant. Rent, tax, staff.
Here’s my challenge to you: Big upfront marketing effort. Long-tail return.
Books turn the marketing ROI-to-cost ratio upside down.
OK. Yes. It’s massive to write a book (even in 90 days).
But then you have three to five years:
- sharing your first chapter to build trust
- giving away and selling your book to win clients
- repurposing its content to attract attention
- drawing on it in your programs
- adding it as a bonus to your clients
- winning speaking engagements
- increasing credibility and fees.
And the next book you write reinvigorates the first book.
Writing and self-publishing your book increases returns over time. And decrease effort over time.