Over the course of this year, 61% of marketing decision makers have increased the amount they spend on content marketing*, according to a survey conducted earlier this year.
The survey of 216 marketers, conducted by the Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA) and the US-based Content Marketing Institute (CMI), evaluated the state of content marketing in Australia. Its findings were published by content marketing agency, Edge, and the ADMA.
Their objectives, according to the survey, are to build brand awareness (73%), create engagement (71%), foster customer loyalty (68%) and to acquire customers (67%).
This begs the question: Does content marketing deliver results, and if so, what kind delivers the best results?
Here are some answers:
InboundWriter published some useful statistics in August, including:
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. (TMG Custom Media)
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms (Social Media B2B)
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound (content) marketing is US$143, about half the average for outbound marketing (US$373) (link is dead for this one).
Sadly, the Content Marketing Institute reports that:
- Over 80 percent of the content published on a given website drives little to no organic traffic (quoting soon-to-be-published data).
- The solution, the institute says, is to improve the quality of your content, and they show you how.
Most people (73%) prefer to get information about an organization through a series of articles rather than in a traditional advertisement, according to HubSpot’s 2012 State of Inbound Marketing Report.
You can find another 15 amazing statistics that will clinch the case for content marketing here at Unbounce.
You might also like
Me, Superman and my electric bike
You know the way that Superman takes off when he runs: with a whoosh that propels him into a blur in seconds flat. That’s me on my electric bike. At Read more
What is a business book, and what makes it sell?
There is nothing in the dictionary definition about how many pages make a book, what size it should be, or if it must have one word or 20 or 5000 Read more